Saturday, October 4, 2008

New Era SURPRISE!

If you haven't heard I(TYLER) am in the October 2008 New Era!! I KNOW IT IS WICKED SWEET!! It was such a surprise cuz it has been about 3 years since I sent in my story in. Well lets start off at the first....sound good? K!

It was about mid afternoon and the fam was getting ready to go bowling. Just before we left the mail came and in it was the newest New Era. I went over to it and the topic for this months issue was "You can stand strong". Then I said to myself,"Self, this is the issue that my story is going to be in". Ok I didn't really say self but I did say to myself that this is the issue that my story HAS TO BE IN!! Soon after I put it back down on the table and gave up hope because it has been SO LONG! I had given up a while back because of how long it has been. Well Preston(my little bro) wanted to look in it and see for himself if my story was in there so he brought it along on our way to the bowling alley. Looking through it and not finding anything with my picture in it he said to me,"Sorry Tyler your story isn't in here". I was devastated ONCE AGAIN! I think I have heard that so many times from lookin in all the past New Era's. Wanting to see for myself I looked as well through it. I started from page one and turned and turned through the Prophets message then right after the prophets message I saw a picture of a boy raising his hand and he was the only one out of the group that was. Quickly realizing that that is what my story is about I looked straight at the name of who wrote the story. And there it was MY NAME WAS ON THE PAGE!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. IT WAS MY STORY!! I was SO EXCITED, I don't think words can describe that moment in time.
Wanting to do a dance...... I DID!! HAHA!!! It was SO AWESOME TO SEE MY STORY RIGHT THERE IN THE NEW ERA!!

After getting past the shock I got I quickly showed my mom and everyone else who was in the car. Smiles and Laughs and Hollars of Joy FILLED THE AIR! They were all excited as I was....well almost! For the rest of that day my life was complete. Everything was going my way. It was like nothing could touch me HAHAHA!! It is a great article in the New Era so if you have the chance DEFINITELY READ IT!!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I can just hear the screams of joy over your nice article in the new era from here!! and then Mom singing some church hyme to follow the screams in her best opera voice because she is so excited for you!!I love that you blog with us so i feel like we can still share things in our lives. thanks for being such a good brother to me i have always thought very highly of you ty.Love you all